Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Adventure that Haunts Me



A partially finished map of the Haunted Pyramid
The pyramid rises up from the forest floor and until now this home, temple, or tomb of the long forgotten spider god has been shrouded in the Nightmare Mist of the Beyond.

The original Haunted Keep 
A few weeks ago I re-imagined one of my earliest memories of Dungeons & Dragons, the Haunted Keep from the Moldvay Basic set.
The boxed set of Dungeons & Dragons
that started a life-time of roleplaying for me

Instead of a keep, I recreated the dungeon as a pyramid using 2.5D Print & Paste Tiles. What I didn't realize is that this would become the perfect setting for an adventure that I have been gnawing on for months. As a result of connecting the adventure idea with the pyramid map the adventure sprang to life. I am now well on my way to completing the adventure and each new step sees me redrawing the map with even more details.















No comments:

Post a Comment